Meet Motlabana "Tlhabi" Monnakgotla
Photographer & Photojournalist.
Here's a little about Motlabana "Tlhabi" Monnakgotla.
- Website: www.tlhabi-foto.co.za
- Phone: +27 (0)82 212 1539
- City: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Profession: Photographer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freelance: Available
Motlabana Monnakgotla was born and bred in Soweto, Johannesburg, and continues to reside in Johannesburg. He is a Creative with a passion for photography and film. He enjoys capturing moments and creating memories. He completed his Advanced Photography schooling at the reputed Market Photo Workshop in 2011 and worked in the media industry since 2014 gaining a great deal of experience. Motlabana writes and continues to photograph for Forbes Africa magazine. In 2017, he was a silver award co-recipient of the Tabbie Awards 2017 (feature). Today Motlabana has photographed multiple recognizable covers for the publication.
Motlabana "Tlhabi" Monnakgotla
Innovative and deadline-driven Photographer with 9+ years of experience in photography and development of digital/print material.
- Soweto, GP
- +27 (0)82 212 1539
Market photo Workshop, Johannesburg
He was involved in two group exhibitions: KaolafeSaam; which focused on the hip-hop culture in Soweto, and Tracing Territories, which focused on the history and ideologies of soldiers in Potchefstroom
2015 - Present
- Captured images of Akinwumi "Akin" Adesina, President of the African Development Bank.
- Captured images of Caster Semenya, South African middle-distance runner and Olympic gold medallist.
- Captured images ofConnie Ferguson, actress, film-maker/ producer and a businesswoman.
- Captured images of South Africa’s former Public Protector, Thuli Madonsela, for the cover of Forbes Woman Africa’s June/July 2016 issue.
- Shot the inside cover for Forbes Africa of South African hip-hop artist, Cassper Nyovest.
- Captured images of Richard Maponya, a successful businessman in Africa, born in Soweto for Forbes Africa, March 2017 issue.
- Captured images of Lynette and Ivan Saltzman, founders of successful pharmaceutical company DisChem for Forbes Africa, April 2018 issue.
- Captured images of Graça Machel, Mozambican politician and humanitarian.
- Participated in a photography incubation programme where he produced a body of work on religious practice, which was included in a group exhibition titled Incubator Part 1
The Star Newspaper
- Published a story about the Sbujwa Dance Crew, on a group practicing contemporary dance in the streets (23 Sep. 2014)
- Published a story called Commuters’ long and winding road, which focused on the daily moments of commuters (29 Dec. 2014)